we don't use all available SD card space
|Reported by:||wad||Owned by:||dsd|
|Component:||build-system||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Keywords:||Cc:||cjb, pgf, sridhar|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
Using Q3A25 on an XO-1.5, I'm having trouble using OFW to fs-update an Adata 4GB class 2 SD card. To my knowledge, this is the first time we've tried this particular model in an XO-1.5.
I am installing the os110.zd image (successfully installed from these USB keys on other SD cards). The error message from OFW is: "Image size is larger than output device", and then it aborts the fs-update.
fdisk reports that the factory installed partition on these cards starts at 8192, and ends at 7698431 (units of 512 bytes), with 3845120 blocks in the partition.
/sys reports the OEM ID as 0x534d, name as 0x0, fwid as 0x0, and hwid as 0x1.
This has been reproduced on multiple Adata SD cards of this model.
Change History (50)
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by wmb@…
- Component changed from ofw - open firmware to build-system
- Owner changed from wmb@… to cjb
comment:18 Changed 6 years ago by dsd
- Milestone changed from 10.1.2 to 10.1.3
- Summary changed from OFW unable to burn 4GB image onto 4GB SD card to we don't use all available SD card space
comment:21 Changed 6 years ago by dsd
- Milestone changed from 11.2.0-M3 to Future Release
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:22 Changed 5 years ago by pgf
- Action Needed changed from diagnose to design
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 12.1.0
comment:32 Changed 5 years ago by pbrobinson
- Action Needed changed from add to build to test in build
Changed 5 years ago by mavrothal
Changed 5 years ago by carrott
comment:47 Changed 5 years ago by greenfeld
- Action Needed changed from test in build to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed