2011 rollover on old firmware causes loss of keyboard/mouse interrupts
|Reported by:||Quozl||Owned by:|
|Component:||not assigned||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
Symptom: XO-1 keyboard and touchpad do not respond in Sugar.
Triggering firmware versions: Q2D07, Q2D08 (related but not triggering operating system versions: os650, os653, os656.)
Triggering condition: real-time clock year set to or rollover to 2011 and later, then power up and boot.
Diagnosis: /proc/interrupts shows zero interrupts arriving for IRQ 1 (keyboard), and no mapping of IRQ 12 (touchpad). Adding i8042.debug=1 shows IRQ 12 did not arrive when the driver requested
it to. None of the changes between Q2D08 and Q2D09 appear likely to
have fixed it intentionally, but fixed it is.
Condition clearing actions:
- upgrade firmware to Q2D09 or later then remove battery and external power, then boot,
- upgrade firmware to signed Q2D14 then remove battery and external power, then boot, (tested by Adam Holt),
- remove battery, remove external power, disassemble, temporarily disconnect real-time clock battery (high risk of causing damage), reassemble, set real-time clock year to 2010 then boot.
Change History (3)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dsd
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to Future Release
- Summary changed from XO-1 keyboard and touchpad do not respond in Sugar to 2011 rollover on old firmware causes loss of keyboard/mouse interrupts