Kernel unable to find root device on XO-1.75
|Reported by:||wad||Owned by:||buytenh|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||reproduce|
On XO-1.75 A2 prototypes, running OS3 and Q4A10c/d/e/f/g/h/i we occasionally see a boot where the kernel boots successfully, but a login prompt is never output on the serial port.
If a screen is connected to the motherboard, it is clear that the problem is that the kernel never manages to find and mount its root device. This is interesting, as OFW has clearly been able to read the kernel from the root device (OK, from another partition on the root device.)
This does not appear related to #10610, although that is the most likely cause of this symptom.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Quozl
- Component changed from ofw - open firmware to kernel
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 1.75-software
- Owner changed from wmb@… to buytenh
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by Quozl
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed