Drop /var/cache/yum tmpfs
|Reported by:||martin.langhoff||Owned by:||cjb|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
The /var/cache/yum tmpfs has several problems:
- Too small, often yum runs out of space on XO-1
- Puts the OS under severe memory pressure, which remains until reboot. This makes XO-1 units completely unusable under Sugar after a yum run.
- Forces a large download every time.
Yum invokations are not so frequent, so wearout should not be a concern. To address disk space usage it might be better to delete old/stale yum cache data on a cronjob.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by martin.langhoff
- Component changed from not assigned to distro
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 11.2.0-M3
- Owner set to cjb
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by greenfeld
- Action Needed changed from test in build to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed