Unified multi-platform USB/SD imaging support
|Reported by:||greenfeld||Owned by:||dsd|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||design|
It would be nice if we could use the same USB stick or SD card to support XO-1.5 & 1.75 (and maybe even XO-1) reimaging via the four-button approach. The XO should be able to see that more than one image type is available on the storage media and automatically select the one appropriate to it.
That way, Teachers and support personnel would not have to find the correct USB stick out of several when dealing with a deployment with multiple models of XOs.
The approach used should be backward compatible with older firmware for currently deployed laptop types. Only having one image type on the USB stick or the wrong type should be handled gracefully. If this can be done in a manner which allows older firmware to auto-detect which image to use, that's even better.
Change History (6)
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by wmb@…
- Priority changed from normal to blocker
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by wmb@…
- Action Needed changed from test in build to test in release
- Owner changed from wmb@… to greenfeld
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from test in release to design
- Component changed from ofw - open firmware to build-system
- Owner changed from greenfeld to dsd