minicom, lockdev and screen don't work after reboot due to rwtab tmpfs mounts
|Reported by:||martin.langhoff||Owned by:||dsd|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||test in build|
Our varlock-and-other-dirs-in-tmpfs setup loses directories on reboot.
Packages from Fedora repos that create dirs and files in the affected directories will see breakage after the first reboot. Here is an example of how it impacts minicom/lockdev: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=722814
This is because we have implemented the feature ahead of Fedora -- in F15 the packages have an entry in /etc/tmpdirs.d/<packagename.conf> or in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d
One possible workaround is to doublecheck that we are using the same tmpdirs as Fedora. If that is the case, we can query the yum sqlite database to see what packages install files into those 2 tmpfiles.d and evaluate impact and possible fixes.
Marking this for 11.2.0-final as it definitely deserves to be relnoted.
Change History (21)
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by dsd
- Milestone changed from 11.3.0 to Future Release
- Summary changed from Directories in tmpfs owned by fedora packages are lost on reboot to minicom, lockdev and screen don't work after reboot due to rwtab tmpfs mounts
Changed 3 years ago by martin.langhoff
comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by martin.langhoff
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 1.75-software
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by dsd
- Action Needed changed from package to add to build
- Milestone changed from 1.75-software to 11.3.0