XO-1.75 B1 brick due to efface-md failure to flash-open (after RTC power fail or sufficient elapsed time)
|Reported by:||Quozl||Owned by:||greenfeld|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||1.75-B1|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
Description (last modified by Quozl)
An XO-1.75 B1 with Q4B05 with an "md" tag will brick if the RTC loses power, or if enough time has elapsed since the "md" tag was created in factory.
Diagnosis: OpenFirmware serial port shows an ok prompt after an error Unsupported SPI FLASH ID. Using flash-open manually at this point shows no error.
Workaround: flash q4b05jt (svn 2402) or later.
Prevention: manually change the "md" tag to an "MD" tag, before the time has elapsed, or before the RTC loses power.
Change History (14)
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by Quozl
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from XO-1.75 B1 brick after RTC power fail due to efface-md failure to flash-open to XO-1.75 B1 brick due to efface-md failure to flash-open (after RTC power fail or sufficient elapsed time)
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by wmb@…
- Action Needed changed from test in build to test in release
- Owner changed from wmb@… to greenfeld
comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from test in release to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed