Changing runlevel 3 -> 5 fails to complete prefdm / Sugar startup
|Reported by:||martin.langhoff||Owned by:||pbrobinson|
|Component:||distro||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||diagnose|
On XO-1 (build 880), 1.5 (b 880) and 1.75 (b 8),
- Boot to Sugar
- Switch to VT
- run: init 3 ; then wait until the runlevel change is complete
- run: init 5 ; X / prefdm never complete booting. /var/log/olpc-dm-X.error.log has messages that seem to hint X is started twice.
- does not repro stop prefdm; sleep 60 ; start prefdm
- does repro with GNOME instead of sugar
- does repro if you edit inittab to boot straight into runlevel 3, reboot, then init 5
Not a blocker per se, but the root cause of this may well be causing other headaches.