Ticket #11335 (closed defect: fixed)
Specialized Sugar keys on XO-1 Keyboard not working after battery pull
|Reported by:||greenfeld||Owned by:||wmb@…|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Action Needed:||no action||Verified:||no|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
- Take an XO-1 running Q2E46 firmware, disconnect it from external power.
- Remove the battery from the XO-1, then re-insert it.
- Boot the XO-1 and press ESC one to break into OFW at the startup sound.
- Run "test /keyboard". The following keys will not register:
- Language switcher (or ">/<" or "%/X" depending on the model)
- Frame key
- Search (magnifying glass) key
- "fn" key
- The key with two rectangles on it next the frame key (not sure what it does)
- The Grab key next to the "fn" key
All other keys (F1-F12 equivalents & alphanumeric) along with the gamepad for seem to be fine.
Bug easily reproduced on CSN7480410B, SHC93004B6F, & SHC9300208D.
More diagnosis is needed, as I just verified with one of these XO-1's that the special keys used by Sugar work in 11.3.0 os880. On the *10B machine the problem was not seen until I upgraded from Q2E45 to Q2E46, although I would need to downgrade to see if that potentiality is a false clue.