save-mfg-data difficulties on XO-1.5
|Reported by:||dsd||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||1.75/1.5/1.0 Software Build os883 aka 11.3.0|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
In the context of training the Nicaraguan team to do motherboard replacements, we need to transfer manufacturing data from known good laptops to the replacement motherboards. save-mfg-data is presenting some difficulties here.
Reproduced on XO-1.5 with Q3B13 and Q3B23.
Firstly, because it uses disk:\ rather than u:\, the USB disk must be connected before the system is turned on. Using u:\ would be a little nicer for these users.
Secondly, the bigger issue is that it doesnt work, fails with "spi! <-deferred word not initialized" and creates a 0 byte file.
Mitch identified a workaround: flash-open save-mfg-data flash-close
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from never set to add to build
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 1.5-firmware
- Owner changed from wmb@… to Quozl
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version changed from not specified to 1.75/1.5/1.0 Software Build os883 aka 11.3.0
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from add to build to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:5 Changed 22 months ago by wad
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened