open firmware does not say why it does not boot linux
|Reported by:||cjb||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
I have a touchscreen unit with 1G RAM/8G disk. After fs-update to 12.1.10 os9 1.75, OFW just sits at the ok prompt when powered on. If I type "boot", it tries "boot /wlan" and then returns to the ok prompt. But "boot int:\boot\olpc.fth" works fine; it upgraded me from Q4D10 to Q4D13 and booted into Linux. The problem persists after a reboot.
So, the laptop is still in the broken state: "boot int:\boot\olpc.fth" results in a boot all the way into Linux when issued, but turning the laptop on drops me at an ok prompt with no complaints visible.
Change History (5)
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from diagnose to design
- Summary changed from OFW refuses to boot a 1.75 with 8GB disk to open firmware does not say why it does not boot linux
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from design to add to release
- Cc quozl removed
- Owner changed from wmb@… to Quozl
- Status changed from new to assigned