XO-1 lid sensor incorrectly reads as closed after Linux reboot
|Reported by:||Quozl||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
The lid sensor will read as closed, despite the lid being open, after Linux reboot and restart of Open Firmware.
Method to reproduce:
- use Q2F12 or later,
- use any build,
- select reboot in Linux,
- use the escape key to enter Open Firmware,
- quickly type lid-off to disable the automatic power down,
- type lid? . to view the lid sensor status.
Does not occur if the unit is turned on using the power button.
The lid sensor is attached to both the EC and a main CPU GPIO. It may be that the EC is not managing the pin correctly after reboot.
The problem was exposed by an Open Firmware change to pay attention to the lid switch. (#11095).
Reproduced by Kevin Gordon with builds 711, 802, 860, 874, 883, 885 and 12.1.0 build 21, with firmware q2f12. Other firmware versions in the same test were q2e45, q2e48, q2f05, q2f09, q2f10, q2f11, q2f12, and q2f13.
Change History (7)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from diagnose to package
- Cc rsmith removed
- Component changed from embedded controller to ofw - open firmware