Ticket #12377 (closed defect: fixed)
XO-4 B1 timeout entering DCON mode
|Reported by:||Quozl||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||Development firmware|
|Action Needed:||no action||Verified:||no|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
A long duration DCON freeze and unfreeze test was set up, consisting of:
dev /display : hdd-led-off led-storage-gpio# gpio-clr ; : hdd-led-on led-storage-gpio# gpio-set ; : yy hdd-led-on dcon-freeze hdd-led-off dcon-unfreeze ; : xx begin yy key? until key drop ; gvsr xx gvsb xx
On XO-4 B1 SKU292 (4b18) with Q7B08.
About 3900 seconds into the test, a scrolling error began:
Timeout entering DCON mode
Interrupting the test, diagnosis showed:
- get-msecs returned 3baf52,
- dcon-freeze was generating the error,
- dcon-unfreeze was not generating any error,
- has-dcon-ram? returned true,
- brightness keyboard keys continued to work properly,
- mode@ returned 69 (pass-through disable, backlight enable, color swizzling enable, color anti-aliasing enable),
- select /dcon dcon-unload or dcon-load had no effect on screen image, it continued to be live,
- the alternate function register for GPIO 142 was correct (1), and the GPIO direction was correct (output), and gpio-pin@ 1 and tracked dcon-unload (1) and dcon-load (0),
- a soft reset of the DCON memory controller was ineffective, (1 42 dcon! 1 ms 0 42 dcon! ),
- a system power cycle cleared the problem.
The problem has not reproduced on two other units (SKU293, SKU294).