Better description for lid switches test
|Reported by:||sridhar||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Australia||Action Needed:||no action|
When testing the XO hardware, users are frequently tripping up on the
lid switches test.
Right now, the text on the screen says this:
Testing /switches Activate lid switch
This is where our users get stumped: "what is a lid switch?" If they
work out that they need to close the lid, when are they allowed to
open it again?
The next message is also problematic:
Activate ebook switch
What does this mean? When can the XO be taken out of e-book mode?
How about we make the messages look more like this?
Testing /switches Close the lid and open after 2 seconds Swivel the screen and close it into ebook mode
Change History (11)
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from add to build to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by jvonau
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Owner changed from wmb@… to Quozl
- Status changed from reopened to new
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from package to add to build
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 13.2.0