mark XO-4 internal SD as non-removable in DT
|Reported by:||dsd||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
We seem to agree on marking the XO-4 internal SD media (aka mmc3 in linux, address d4217000) as non-removable at runtime.
The user would have to disassemble the system to get access to the motherboard, *and* remove the heatsink, all while the system is running.
Marking it as non-removable brings in an added bonus: as this slot has no card detection mechanism, Linux will no longer have to poll continuously to see if a card has been inserted - freeing up some system resources.
Change History (6)
Changed 3 years ago by dsd
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from never set to code
- Owner changed from wmb@… to Quozl
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from add to release to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed