Pygame causes ALSA underruns due to small period size on XO-4
|Reported by:||godiard||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||4-C1|
|Keywords:||pygame||Cc:||dsd, dirakx, garycmartin|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||add to build|
Physics and Maze use a lot of cpu (50% aprox) without doing anything.
The log show a continue stream of:
ALSA lib pcm.c:7339:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred.
The activities don't use sound at all.
Just to compare, in xo-1 use 39% cpu, and don't show the error msg, and in xo-1.5 use 20% cpu.
Using the activity Maze on xo-4 for a while, I saw random crashes. (The easier way to trigger it was rotate the screen a few times, I am not sure if is related or not)
Change History (17)
comment:5 Changed 21 months ago by dsd
- Component changed from not assigned to ofw - open firmware
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 13.2.0
- Owner set to Quozl
- Summary changed from Pygame activities use a lot of cpu and show alsa error on XO-4 to Pygame causes ALSA underruns due to small period size on XO-4
Changed 21 months ago by godiard
comment:14 Changed 21 months ago by Quozl
- Action Needed changed from diagnose to package
- Owner changed from dsd to Quozl