CAFE SD controller doesn't wake up fast enough
|Reported by:||PierreOssman||Owned by:||wad|
|Keywords:||power||Cc:||PierreOssman, dwmw2, dsaxena, aab@…|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
There are some problems with the time it takes for the CAFE SD controller to wake up. Basically, the problem is that the driver is alive and kicking way sooner than the hardware. And so far, we haven't found anything decent to wait on.
The two observed problems are:
1 The controller reports the slot as empty and detection as stable even though a card is in there. After about 400 ms (from when the driver resumes), the controller signals "card inserted".
2 Even after this, the controller doesn't seem to have everything up and running as it should. All commands sent to the card just timeout. Redetection a bit later works fine, so the weird state isn't permanent.
Change History (19)
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Cc PierreOssman added
- Milestone changed from Untriaged to BTest-4
- Owner changed from mlj to dilinger
- Priority changed from normal to blocker
comment:10 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Milestone changed from First Deployment, V1.0 to V1.1
- Priority changed from blocker to high
comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by dwmw2
- Cc dwmw2 added
- Component changed from kernel to hardware
- Owner changed from dilinger to wad