Touchpad recalibration should be forced under some circumstances.
|Reported by:||jg||Owned by:||dilinger|
|Priority:||blocker||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||release? touchpad||Cc:||Eben, dilinger, David.Lin, cjb, bernie, Blaketh|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
As of BTest-3 (and possibly BTest-2-2), the Touch pad should periodically recalibrate itself automatically.
However, Shiga-san says ideally, the touchpad needs recalibration whenever the XO-1 goes onto, or off of external power source. A command to the touchpad was added to enable this recalibration to the later touchpads.
The touchpad might also need recalibration after long sleep, but as we're not removing power, I don't see why this would be true.
Ideally, the embedded controller should trigger this recalibration, as otherwise, I can see it as a (not very serious) denial of service problem if this is possible from user space.
Change History (26)
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Cc Eben dilinger David.Lin added
- Keywords Eben removed
- Owner changed from David.Lin to rsmith
- Verified unset
comment:6 follow-up: ↓ 9 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Component changed from embedded controller to power manager (OHM)
- Milestone changed from Trial-2 to Trial-3
comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 6 ; follow-up: ↓ 10 Changed 8 years ago by rsmith
- Owner changed from rsmith to hughsient@…
comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by cjb
- Component changed from power manager (OHM) to kernel
- Owner changed from cjb to dilinger
comment:15 Changed 7 years ago by wmb@…
- Milestone changed from Update.2 to Update.1
- Owner changed from dilinger to cjb
- Priority changed from high to blocker
comment:22 Changed 6 years ago by kimquirk
- Action Needed set to never set
- spec_reviewed set to 0
- spec_stage set to unknown