Overtemperature warning to users.
|Reported by:||jg||Owned by:||rsmith|
|Keywords:||power||Cc:||mlj, wad, rsmith|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
Description (last modified by jg)
The XO-1 has an ambient temperature sensor. The CPU has a fixed over temperature cut-out (see the LX specifications). Testing will tell us the typical rise over ambient temperature inside the main housing, and may allow us to warn the user if the over temperature cutout is likely soon.
There may be ways in which we can reduce power dissipation (e.g. reducing backlight and/or codec power dissipation). Whether this will be useful in practice is not clear.
And multiple temperature levels would be friggin sweet:
one for warning, so we could throttle, and one for critical so we could shut down.
Change History (9)
comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by jg
- Component changed from new component to embedded controller
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Opportunity to BTest-4
- Owner changed from jg to rsmith
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by rsmith
- Action Needed set to never set
- Priority changed from high to low