Battery plastic breakage: tab sheared off.
|Reported by:||jerub||Owned by:||mlj|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
I got my laptop out of my bag today and heard it rattling. I discovered that there was a rattle coming from the battery compartment. I remove the battery and found that one of the 4 plastic tabs that hold one side of the battery in had sheared off.
The tab that sheared off was the second one along. The battery still fits snugly and doesn't fall out.
The plastic tab was inside the compartment still, and I removed it.
I think the tab may have been weakened a month ago when the laptop was dropped a short distance (about 1m), followed by being carried in my bag every day.
Change History (14)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Milestone changed from Untriaged to BTest-4
- Version set to BTest-2 Hardware
Changed 8 years ago by 90030501
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by kimquirk
- Milestone changed from Production Start to First Deployment, V1.0
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by MitchellNCharity
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from BTest-2 Hardware to BTest-4 Hardware
comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by MitchellNCharity
- Milestone changed from First Deployment, V1.0 to Untriaged