Notification system for downloads
|Reported by:||jfuhrer||Owned by:||tomeu|
|Keywords:||read||Cc:||tomeu, marco, Eben|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
When a pdf file is downloaded, Read is supposed to auto-launch and open the file. However, when I download a pdf, it is added to the clipboard on the left side of the Frame instead. The file can be opened from the Journal as was intended, but the Read activity does not open automatically (as I understand it is supposed to).
- Open Browse. Google for pdf.
- Download the W-4 form, the third hit.
- fw4.pdf should appear in your clipboard. (The open option does nothing.)
- There will be an entry in the journal for "File fw4.pdf downloaded from http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf"
- Clicking this entry and clicking Resume can open the file normally.
Change History (16)
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by marco
- Component changed from sugar to interface-design
- Owner changed from dcbw to Eben
Changed 9 years ago by chiaying.lin
comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by Eben
- Cc tomeu marco added
- Component changed from interface-design to sugar
- Milestone changed from Trial-3 to FRS
- Owner changed from Eben to dcbw
comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by marco
- Milestone changed from First Deployment, V1.0 to Untriaged
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by marco
- Summary changed from Read does not auto-launch when a pdf is downloaded to Notification system for downloads