Build 495 cannot load Sugar
|Reported by:||jfuhrer||Owned by:||J5|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
I've checked this on three different XOs, and also re-copied the image to the USB stick and tried again to ensure that nothing was messed up. Build 495 can't load Sugar. I'm able to get to the intro screen where I enter my name and color, but once I move past that, the system hangs forever, alternating between a white screen (where I have control of my cursor) and the console (though usually no text displays and I just get a black screen).
Here are the exact steps I used:
- Copy the nand image and CRC file to a USB stick and insert the stick into the XO.
- Turn on the XO, holding down the X game button. Press Escape when it says "Press Esc to interrupt the automatic startup sequence."
- Type "copy-nand u:\boot\nand495.img." The image should install successfully.
- When you receive the message "ok," remove the USB stick and type boot.
- Wait for the system to start up until you get to the intro screen. Input your name and color, then hit the arrow key.
- The system will hang forever in the way described above.
Not really sure what to categorize this under.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by marco
- Component changed from sugar to distro
- Owner changed from dcbw to J5