"Caps lock" in activities.
|Reported by:||jg||Owned by:||uwog|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||design|
The premise of the OLPC keyboard is that the caps lock key is really evil: it leaves a trap for young kids that they can get into a mode that they cannot see, which screws up everything (including all applications at the same time).
On the other hand, when a child is learning to read and write, they first learn their upper case letters, and then lower case (at least with western alphabets; I have no clue for eastern languages).
So a case lock button in the write activity makes great sense; otherwise to write even a few sentences requires holding down the shift key.
This reminder came up in a discussion with Walter last week.
It may be too late for Trial-2 if it is invasive; on the other hand, if this is easy, it's a long overlooked bug we better get fixed ASAP.
Change History (18)
comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Milestone changed from Trial-3 to First Deployment, V1.0
- Summary changed from "Caps lock" in write activity. to "Caps lock" in activities.
comment:16 Changed 7 years ago by mstone
- Action Needed set to design
- Keywords 8.2.0:- 9.1.0:? added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.0 (was Update.2) to 9.1.0