Datastore should check versions and recreate indexes automatically.
|Reported by:||jg||Owned by:||tomeu|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Component:||sugar-datastore||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Keywords:||Cc:||kimquirk, marcopg, tomeu|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
Description (last modified by jg)
Build 541 upgraded from build 540 via the upgrade path would not put up the USB icon in the journal.
Deleting the index files from the USB key "fixed" the problem; the key would then be recognized and the icon on the journal restored.
I think we need version checking of the datastore index files implemented so that these sorts of failures don't happen in the field; the old index should be removed (or potentially converted), and the index rebuilt.
Change History (12)
comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by tomeu
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by tomeu
- Owner changed from bcsaller to tomeu
- Status changed from reopened to new
comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by tomeu
- Milestone changed from Trial-3 to Untriaged
- Owner changed from tomeu to bcsaller
comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by kimquirk
- Milestone changed from Untriaged to First Deployment, V1.0