Need programmable delay to turn off DCON chip.
|Reported by:||jg||Owned by:||cjb|
|Component:||power manager (OHM)||Version:|
|Keywords:||power cjbfor9.1.0||Cc:||jg, rsmith, cjb, dilinger, gnu, mikus|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
Description (last modified by jg)
While the DCON can power down the LCD on its own after a programmable delay (already being used by the DPMS code in the X server, I believe), the DCON itself consumes lots of power (several hundred
millwatts). We need to get it off when not in use after a second delay. I'm concerned about a child reading a book and forgetting
to get the screen completely off.
We need to be able to set a timeout to turn off the DCON as well, complimentary to the DCON's control of the LCD panel.
Change History (18)
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Cc cjb added
- Milestone changed from Untriaged to XM - killjoy
- Priority changed from high to blocker
comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Cc dilinger added
- Component changed from embedded controller to power manager (OHM)
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from EC needs programmable delay to turn off DCON chip. to Need programmable delay to turn off DCON chip.
comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Keywords relnote added
- Milestone changed from Update.1 to Update.2
comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by cjb
- Action Needed set to never set
- Milestone changed from 8.2.0 (was Update.2) to 8.2.1
comment:16 Changed 6 years ago by mstone-xmlrpc
- Keywords cjbfor9.1.0 added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.1 to 9.1.0