Wi-fi causes extreme unresponsiveness
|Reported by:||ssb22||Owned by:||AlexL|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||Cc:||javier@…, luisca@…, mbletsas@…, GR-Wireless-OLPC@…, marcelo, rsmith, rchokshi|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
I am on Build 605 and I found that iwconfig and ifconfig commands can take several minutes to respond, during which time the XO is extremely unresponsive while it flashes its keyhole light incessantly and occasionally prints messages like
olpc-ec: timeout waiting for EC to quiesce!
Failed to clear SCI queue!
(I'm not sure if that's related to wi-fi or not.)
This is when attempting to get it to connect to an ad-hoc wi-fi network, because I wasn't near an access point but I did have access to a Windows laptop with a wi-fi card that I could run in ad-hoc mode and hopefully provide Internet access to the XO that way, but I couldn't get it to work.
Change History (15)
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Cc javier@… luisca@… mbletsas@… GR-Wireless-OLPC@… marcelo rsmith added
- Component changed from distro to wireless
- Milestone changed from Never Assigned to First Deployment, V1.0
- Owner changed from jg to AlexL
- Priority changed from normal to high