|Reported by:||assim||Owned by:||marco|
|Keywords:||killjoy, espeak, screen reader, dbus||Cc:||assim, arjs, hemantg, marco|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
We are currently developing a screen reader service for XO. The basic script has been completed. Till now we have implemented espeak as a D-bus service.
A user can click and select textual data anywhere in the Sugar Environment for Text to Speech Conversion.
The task left is to invoke the screen reader script via a key-board shortcut(which has to be made) OR via gui button in activity toolbar. major change in the system would be
1) Inclusion of scripts which implement the espeak dbus service, and ctype python linking of the libespeak library.
2) Addition of alsaaudio.so (It is required to play the audio data)
3) Addition of speakit.py which accepts the String data from sugar environment
4) Addition of a keyboard shortcut or GUI button in activity toolbar. (TO BE DONE)
Can someone from sugar development team quickly help us set up the keyboard shortcuts and/or gui button for invoking the scripts? We really hope to get the screen reader service into the Code Freeze.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by jg
- Cc marco added
- Component changed from distro to sugar
- Milestone changed from Never Assigned to FutureFeatures
- Owner changed from jg to marco
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by marco
- Action Needed set to never set
- Milestone set to Future Release