Touchpad might lockup on some systems
|Reported by:||mfoster||Owned by:||wad|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
Description (last modified by jg)
Due to the same ESD sensitivity documented in Trac #473, it is possible that the touchpad assembly might lockup and not generate cursor movement. If this occurs, the temporary workaround is to power the unit off and on again to reset the er rors induced when static buildup discharges through the touchpad's controller ASIC.
This is a very high priority fix for the B2 systems - details on the fix are noted in Trac #473.
Change History (10)
comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by jg
- Component changed from mechanical to hardware
- Milestone changed from BTest-2 to BTest-3
- Owner changed from mfoster to wad
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by wad
- Priority changed from blocker to high
- Status changed from new to assigned