[firmware] beacon interval gets reset by other operations
|Reported by:||carrano||Owned by:||mbletsas|
|Keywords:||beacon||Cc:||mbletsas, jcardona@…, kim, dwmw2|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
Setting up of beacon intervals (with iwpriv ethX bcn_control) is overriden, after some time, by NM, returning to its defaulf value (1 100 - enabled, 100ms) .
The following tests were performed with joyride-269 build in an environment where the only XO present is the one under test.
1 - Starting with default settings (XO just turned on), we set beacon interval to 10 seconds:
iwpriv eht0 bcn_control 1 10000
It works for some time (less than a minute) but then returns to the default value of 100ms.
See attached file: beacon-interval-test-build269
2 - Kill NetworkManager and repeat the test (reissue the iwpriv command)
Attached cap file shows that the config stays: beacon-interval-test-build269-butnoNM
Change History (21)
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by dcbw
- Component changed from network manager to wireless
- Owner changed from dcbw to mbletsas
comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by ashish
- Summary changed from NetworkManager overrides iwpriv command to l
comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by tomeu
- Summary changed from l to NetworkManager overrides iwpriv command
comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by dwmw2
- Cc dwmw2 added
- Summary changed from NetworkManager overrides iwpriv command to [firmware] beacon interval gets reset by other operations