Ticket #5454 (closed defect: wontfix)
Rebase on Fedora 8
|Reported by:||bernie||Owned by:||dgilmore|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
I did a quick test to verify what problems we may face:
init 3 yum -y dist-upgrade --exclude poppler init 5
- Going to init 3 is necessary to conserve memory, otherwise yum fights with sugar and cranks the system to death.
- Excluding poppler prevents a dependency problem in our custom package.
- We also need to avoid upgrading to the stock i586 kernel
- NetworkManager 0.7 does not support the mesh
- hald seems to be having problems starting from the initscripts
- Input hotplug fails when X is being started by the olpc user. Althogh X is suid root, it seems hal or dbus check for the euid.