[firmware] G1G1 users complain that the XO affectst their local network
|Reported by:||kimquirk||Owned by:||mbletsas|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||Cc:||ashishs@…, william.waddington@…, dwmw2, mvalent, katie@…, forrest@…, rdike@…, rchokshi@…, rbhagwat@…, fuzzyTew@…|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
After the first week of shipping laptops to G1G1 (build 650, 20.p42), we have 3 complaints about our XO affecting their laptops:
1) I am G4G4 user, trying to put together a project outside the US. I have the units for testing. Two have arrived.
I have discovered there is a major XO vs. Linksys conflict with the
use of my Linksys WMP54GV4 router.
When I fire up an XO, the router goes down. I tried it this morning
with the XO about 50' from the router and with a standard laptop
about 40' from the XO. The router recovers with XO is shut down.
Can you suggest any standard routers that are compatible with the XO?
2) Wireless clients of my Belkin pre-N router become disconnected from the network and do not see the router as an available AP. When the OLPC is powered off the network becomes available again and all is normal for other clients.
I do see the OLPC as connected to the network using the Belkin but
cannot see the internet, getting a message that the network is
Given this behavior, is the OLPC a network destroyer?
Would love to get it going and stop it from disrupting my network.
3) I cannot get my XO to connect to the wireless access point in my house. I have verified the athe WEP access key is correct. My router was originally set as WEP 64 bit so I changed to WEP 128bit and have a 26 character WEP key. I enter that many times when prompted and it will not connect. It is seeing my router with excellent signal strength (full green circle) but I cannot get it to connect. Several other "regular" laptops in the house will connect using the same Key. I looked at troubleshooting on www.laptop.organd on the wiki, but cannot find any additional items to try.
I just got my laptop this morning. I am an educator and am anxious to show this off to my students and my peers.
Any advice on what to try next?
Change History (47)
comment:25 Changed 9 years ago by dwmw2
- Summary changed from G1G1 users complain that the XO affectst their local network to [firmware] G1G1 users complain that the XO affectst their local network
comment:42 follow-up: ↓ 43 Changed 9 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from never set to test in build