Everything breaks when we fail D-Bus' <at_console> authorization check.
|Reported by:||cjb||Owned by:||mstone|
|Priority:||blocker||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||rainbow-integration, security||Cc:||mstone, cscott, bernie, mtd|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||package|
After using sudo on tty1 for a while on Joyride, and switching back and forth between tty1 and X, I started to see an error messsage along the lines of "can't access tty" when running e.g. "sudo ls" on tty1, and sudo refused to grant me root.
I also noticed that "ssh user@foo" fails with "Permission denied" straight away -- adding -v showed that ssh is unable to open /dev/tty (to ask for my password, presumably).
Until this is fixed, I think it might be unwise to continue using sudo as a replacement for su.
Change History (25)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Cc mstone added
- Keywords rainbow-integration security added
- Milestone changed from Never Assigned to Update.1
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed set to never set
- Owner changed from bernie to cscott
comment:17 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from never set to package
- Owner changed from cscott to mstone
comment:23 Changed 7 years ago by mstone
- Summary changed from sudo gives "can't access tty" errors. to Everything breaks when we fail D-Bus' <at_console> authorization check.