WEP key entry broken
|Reported by:||bert||Owned by:||marco|
|Keywords:||wireless||Cc:||yani, jg, gdesmott, carrano|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
Joyride-1551: Connecting to my WEP-encrypted router with a new MP machine did present the key entry dialog, but did not connect, rather it showed the dialog again. I tried both passphrase and 128 bit hex. My old B4 at the same build connected fine without any dialog because it was connected previously. I moved networks.cfg from the B4 to the MP, rebooted, and it connected fine.
No logs of the failed attempts because apparently /var/log/messages is erased on boot and no copy kept.
The router is running DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Keywords Update.1? removed
- Milestone changed from Never Assigned to Update.1
- Priority changed from normal to blocker
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by kimquirk
- Cc yani jg added
- Component changed from sugar to wireless
- Keywords wireless added
- Owner changed from rwh to dwmw2
comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by kimquirk
- Component changed from wireless to sugar
- Owner changed from dwmw2 to marco
comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by marco
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed