Presence service broken with NetworkManager-0.7 (NM D-Bus API change)
|Reported by:||marco||Owned by:||morgs|
|Keywords:||8.2.0:- 9.1.0:? r+||Cc:||dcbw, mstone, mbletsas, morgs, bjordan, gregorio, mikus@…, Collabora, erikos|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||package|
I'm testing with 0.7.0. No buddies on the mesh view and no telepathy-gabble.log is created.
The presence service log shows that the getDevices call is failing (the method has been renamed to GetDevices apparently). It looks like the network manager Dbus interface changed quite a bit, because getProperties is not working anymore either.
As a quick workaround:
diff --git a/src/psutils.py b/src/psutils.py index 6b8ec95..ae705f4 100644 --- a/src/psutils.py +++ b/src/psutils.py @@ -154,9 +154,8 @@ class IP4AddressMonitor(gobject.GObject): sys_bus = dbus.SystemBus() self._watch = sys_bus.watch_name_owner(NM_SERVICE, self._nm_owner_cb) - if not sys_bus.name_has_owner(NM_SERVICE): - addr = self._get_address_fallback() - self._update_address(addr) + addr = self._get_address_fallback() + self._update_address(addr) def do_get_property(self, pspec): if pspec.name == "address":
Interesting comment in the code:
class IP4AddressMonitor(gobject.GObject): """This class, and direct buddy IPv4 address access, will go away quite soon"""
Change History (19)
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by dsd
- Summary changed from Presence service is broken with recent NetworkManager to Presence service broken with NetworkManager-0.7 (NM D-Bus API change)
comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by mstone
- Action Needed set to code
- Cc mbletsas bjordan sjoerd added
- Keywords 8.2.0:- 9.1.0:? added; 8.2.0:? removed
- Milestone changed from 8.2.0 (was Update.2) to 9.1.0
Changed 7 years ago by morgs
comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by morgs
- Action Needed changed from code to review
- Keywords r? added
- Owner changed from Collabora to morgs
- Status changed from new to assigned