Need to be able to customise default language/keyboard
|Reported by:||BryanBerry||Owned by:||dsd|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
Hey cscott, sorry to hassle you over the customization key.
The XO's we received for Nepal probably *do not* have Nepal set as the country nor the language in the firmware's manufacturing data. That is because the XO's that arrived in Nepal were originally intended for a group in the US.
We need a way to customize the /home/olpc/.i18n using the customization key. Otherwise, the XO's will default back to English after reflashing.
It is quite critical that teachers and kids be able to reflash their XO's by simply sticking in a USB key and holding down the game buttons.
If they have access to the firmware then the restore process could become a lot more complicated.
Change History (13)
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by cscott
- Summary changed from Need to be able to change .i18n file with Customization Key to Need to be able to change .i18n and .kbd files with Customization Key
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by cscott
- Component changed from build-system to distro
- Milestone changed from Never Assigned to Update.2 (8.2.0)
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by dsd
- Action Needed changed from never set to package
- Milestone changed from 8.2.0 (was Update.2) to 13.1.0
- Owner changed from mstone to dsd
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Need to be able to change .i18n and .kbd files with Customization Key to Need to be able to customise default language/keyboard
- Type changed from task to enhancement