Ticket #692 (new enhancement)
|Reported by:||marco||Owned by:||erikos|
|Keywords:||9.1.0:?||Cc:||jg, simon, dcbw, tomeu|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
Description (last modified by marco) (diff)
Right now, when you press the shutdown button, the system appear to be idle for a few seconds, then we switch to text mode and actually shutdown after some time. There are a few ideas about it, but we should settle them down. We need to implement something for btest-2.
- Chris was proposing a dialog with the shutdown symbols (I guess something like the OS X one?)
- Dan was proposing to take a screenshot of the screen, grey it out (not sure about the exact effect) and put a shutdown symbol on it.
- Another idea might be to switch back to the Home view, grey it out, and show a shutdown symbol instead of the donut.
Regardless of the exact effect I think these should probably apply:
- We should never switch to text mode (I'm not really sure if this is possible at all, but from an user point of view...)
- There should ideally be some sort of animation to indicate that the system is not stalled (currently the system takes a while to shutdown)
Eben, what do you think?