Ticket #7166 (new defect)
multi-page TIFFs don't display, or crash Read activity
|Reported by:||skierpage||Owned by:||morgs|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
I did olpc-update 703 then ran Bert's script to reinstall activities, which I think gave me Read activity version 45.
If you go to http://www.zarvantech.com/web/tiff_samples.html and click on the samples then do the dance to open them in Read,
* patent.tif crashed Read, it never opened
* book.tif opened in Read but displayed just gray and page 0/0
* fax.tif displayed showing page 0/0 (instead of 1/1)but after I scrolled down Read crashed
They work fine in MS Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Alas I don't have Evince, maybe someone else can try that.
Also, after these crashes if I went to the Journal,
* patent.tif had no preview
* book.tif showed the web page as its thumbnail, and didn't have Read in its Start list of activities. (I repeated and this particular glitch didn't happen, book.tif just had a blank thumbnail.)
* fax.tif had the expected thumbnail (cool!)