Opened 7 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#7210 closed defect (fixed)

NM-0.7

Reported by: mstone Owned by: sjoerd
Priority: high Milestone: 8.2.0 (was Update.2)
Component: distro Version:
Keywords: rel-8.2.0:? Cc: mstone, cjb, jg, mbletsas, Collabora, sjoerd
Blocked By: Blocking:
Deployments affected: Action Needed: communicate
Verified: no

Description

We'd really like to ship NM-0.7 because it will be better in many ways including bug fixes, encryption support, support for multiple IPs per interface, support for multiple devices, and support for USB cellular modems (see #7172). Unfortunately, it doesn't yet know about mesh devices and it doesn't yet know about devices which implement multiple interfaces. The current plan is to seek help from cjb, Collabora, danw, and dcbw in parallel to address these issues.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by mstone

  • Action Needed set to never set
  • Cc sjoerd added
  • Owner changed from cjb to sjoerd

Sjoerd - could you please update us on your progress and on any further work that is needed?

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by mstone

  • Action Needed changed from never set to communicate

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by sjoerd

This is basically the same update that i sent m_stone a few days ago after he replied on a request from me to discuss some things.

Basically i've updated NM so it knows how to configure mesh devices (using anycast dhcp, dhcp or autoip) and take care of the fact that there is an companion device. This code is available in my git repository. The only part that is missing is MPP mode, which i plan to work on after guadec.

Basically the next steps:

  • Add MPP mode
  • Create RPM packages
  • Update sugar to work with NM 0.7
  • Push all the bits into joyride

Adding MPP mode can obviously be done in parallel with the other points.

Like i mentioned on irc. This week i'm at GUADEC, so i might be online from time to time (depending on how good there network is). But i won't get much work done

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by dsd

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

This is fixed in release 10.1.2

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.