Ticket #7528 (closed defect: fixed)
Firmware release - 5.110.22.p17
|Reported by:||carrano||Owned by:||carrano|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||Cc:||mbletsas, jcardona, rchokshi@…, ashishs@…, dsaxena, mstone|
|Action Needed:||qa signoff||Verified:||no|
|Deployments affected:||Blocked By:|
From Marvell Release notes:
1. Support for Firmware, boot2 and Non Volatile configuration parameters update on active antenna module.
Firmware returns BOOT_CMD_RESP_NOT_SUPPORTED (0x2) command response when upgrade command is not supported.
- Firmware/boot2/non-volatile configuration upgrade currently supported on active antenna (512KB external modules). In case of other modules, firmware returns command response BOOT_CMD_RESP_NOT_SUPPORTED (0x2) to the host driver.
- More than one firmware/boot2 upgrade can be done, without rebooting/resetting the card/device.
- Three capability bits are defined to notify driver about the firmware/Boot2/non-volatile configuration parameter upgrade feature. Driver can get information about these bits by checking the firmware capability field of GET_HW_SPEC (0x3)command response.
Host driver should issue upgrade command only if the corresponding capability bit in fwcapinfo is set to 1.
These bits are
FW_CAPINFO_FIRMWARE_UPGRADEABLE bit 13 FW_CAPINFO_BOOT2_UPGRADEABLE bit 14 NON_VOLATILE_CONFIGURABLE bit 15
2. Do not adapt CWMax while running dynamic contention window adaptation.
1) OLPC ticket 7150:
http://dev/laptop.org/ticket/7150 Allow zero-delay PREQs
2) OLPC ticket 7016:
3) Set default CWMin, CWMax as per IEEE 802.11g standard.
1. Driver patch is required for firmware/boot2 upgrade feature. 2. Boot2 version 0x311B waits for programmed boot2 wait time only if offset 0x7c of flash module contains 0xFFFF2937. While doing firmware upgrade on new 512K module using this version of firmware boot2 would not wait for 'boot2 command wait time' and would jump to firmware stored in the flash.
FW release 5.110.22.p17 Date: 07/15/2008
md5sum: 43798c207c347b27ebb2c8be3614de7f *usb8388.img
Download from the standard location http://www.laptop.org/teamwiki/index.php/Image:Libertas-firmware.tgz