Control Panel 'Software update' repeatedly wants to install Log v6
|Reported by:||garycmartin||Owned by:||cscott|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Component:||upgrade utility||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
(Joyride-2210) Each time I access Control Panel 'Software update', Log Viewer v6 is offered as an update [as activities for test in joyride builds] even though v6 is the version currently installed. Selecting 'install updates' seems to download and install v6 again, then refresh the list of updates available, only to show Log Viewer v6 for update again.
Steps to reproduce:
1) had Log Viewer v10 previously installed
2) used home ring view palette to erase it (checked ~/Activities to make sure it went)
3) installed Log Viewer v6 via Browse using the .xo listed on go/Activities
4) [Log v6 fails to launch on current joyride, though does appear correctly installed]
5) Use Control Panel, Software update
Re-downloading Log v10 with Browse from http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/bundles/0.81.4/Log-10.xo prevents the control panel from repeatedly showing v6 for download.
(Encountered while trying to reliably reproduce #7622)