Need to build a separate image specifically for emulation
|Reported by:||cjb||Owned by:||cscott|
|Keywords:||blocks:8.2-||Cc:||dilinger, mstone, gregorio, dsd|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||code|
We don't have a good way to virtualize builds since switching to 2.6.24+, since qemu/kvm/etc don't emulate 3dnow and the kernel refuses to boot on them. Choices:
- get a separate kernel build for ext3
- remove the kernel limitation that refuses to boot without 3dnow?
The former seems more likely. Michael also suggests having a tinderbox test for each new build detecting whether it boots under qemu, which I'd be happy to start doing once it's working again.
Change History (19)
Changed 8 years ago by dsaxena
comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by dsaxena
- Summary changed from devel_ext3 should pull a kernel that doesn't require 3dnow to Need to build a separate image specifically for emulation
comment:17 Changed 5 years ago by dsd
- Cc dsd added
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed