Collaboration problems in infra mode
|Reported by:||carrano||Owned by:||Collabora|
|Keywords:||blocks-:8.2.0 joyide-2301:-||Cc:||dsaxena, morgs, dcbw, mtd, marco|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||diagnose|
Joyride 2292 and 2301 (installed with olpc-update) present problems with collaboration in the following scenario.
Two XOs connected to an access point (no school server, no jabber server).
Most important symptoms:
- You can't rely that one XO will see the other in the neighbor view. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. And sometimes, A will see B, but B will not see A.
- Even if the A sees B, and also icons for activities shared by B, A can join that activity but no traffic will reach B, at least from a user point of view (did not sniff to see if the frames were sent).
- It is possible for the XOs to ping each other with the eth0 address
- If enabled to answer to broadcast pings, the XOs will even respond to each other pings to 22.214.171.124
Interesting remarks that may or may not be related (it's important to get repeatability here):
- in one of the XOs there were two circles for the same access point
- it all seems to work fine after the removal of the networks.cfg and a reboot.
I resisted the temptation to call this ticket "networks.cfg is causing us trouble", just because it could be a premature diagnoses.
Change History (19)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dsaxena
- Blocking 2, 8, 2301 removed
- Keywords blocks:8.2? joyide-2301:- added
comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by kimquirk
- Cc dcbw added
- Keywords blocks:8.2.0 added; blocks:8.2? removed
comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by gdesmott
- Component changed from presence-service to telepathy-salut
comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by kimquirk
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:16 Changed 6 years ago by gnu
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened