EC mask setting is inefficient
|Reported by:||cjb||Owned by:||dsaxena|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||polish:8.2.0 cjbfor8.2 csafor8.2||Cc:||rsmith, mstone, cscott|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||design|
So looking my EC logs from the newer joyrides I see that there are like 6 repeat calls for setting up the mask. This is very non-optimal. Without the fastpath EC code you are talking about 100ms or so of EC command time with fastpath its still going to be 25 or 30ms.
Just seems silly to me. Why can we not also have a control that echos a single hex value? Just like the SCSI debugging code.
(Note that this isn't so urgent, because it only affects entering "sleep", and not leaving it. It's still a waste, though.
Change History (23)
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by cjb
- Keywords polish:8.2.0 cjbfor8.2 added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.1 to 8.2.0 (was Update.2)
Changed 7 years ago by dsaxena
comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from never set to approve for release
comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by cjb
- Action Needed changed from approve for release to test in build
comment:19 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from add to release to test in release