Some kingston usb keys aren't mounted by the initramfs and can't be used to distribute activation leases
|Reported by:||erikg||Owned by:||mstone|
|Keywords:||relnote blocks-:8.2.0 blocks?:8.2.1 cjbfor9.1.0||Cc:|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||test in build|
- Kingston DataTraveler 1GB, product # ~ CH 042708, C4226-356.AOOLF (I've seen others in the C4226-3* range fail, e.g. C4226-305).
- Security-enabled XO.
- per711-1 http://dev.laptop.org/~erik/peru/signed-per711-1/
- lease.sig with a lease for the machine in question
Copy the image and lease.sig to the key. Proceed through secure update (four button press on boot). Allow the machine to reboot and attempt to copy its lease. It will fail while attempting to find its lease.
Repeating the same process using the same equipment and per703-6 should pass.
The key is mountable and readable by both OFW and Sugar. Partitions are as expected. No notable errors.
Perhaps a mount race condition? We currently wait in the initramfs /init for the keys to come up. Perhaps we are not waiting long enough for these super-cheap keys.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by mstone
- Action Needed changed from never set to diagnose
- Keywords relnote blocks-:8.2.0 blocks?:8.2.1 added; kingston removed
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by mstone-xmlrpc
- Keywords cjbfor9.1.0 added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.1 to 9.1.0