Mystery task hogs 50% of CPU.
|Reported by:||thomaswamm||Owned by:||morgs|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Component:||sugar||Version:||Development build as of this date|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
It takes more time to report a bug than to find one.
In joyride-2301, I was trying unsuccessfully to reproduce someone else's bug (maybe #8052), but gave up. Afterward I noticed sluggish response for no good reason. So in Terminal I ran
and saw a persistent python task hogging 50% of the CPU and 20% memory, for a long time, for no good reason. Even with no Sugar Activities running, 'top' in the ctrl-alt-F1 console still showed the mystery python task hogging CPU. Can't remember what I did to kill it; probably rebooted. Screenshot of 'top' attached.
Change History (38)
Changed 7 years ago by marco
comment:15 Changed 6 years ago by thomaswamm
- Component changed from not assigned to performance
- Owner set to cjb
- Version changed from not specified to Development build as of this date
comment:18 Changed 6 years ago by marco
- Action Needed changed from reproduce to diagnose
- Component changed from performance to sugar
- Owner changed from cjb to marco