speex files cannot be played reliably, if at all.
|Reported by:||sj||Owned by:||erikos|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
Browse does not even admit to knowing how to handle speex, which gstraeamer should support (#3839). Etoys claims to handle it, but will play back at inferior quality somehow (compare on standard feora and on etoys in 757), and etoys hangs on switching windows and returning to the etoys instance playing a speex file.
Watch & Listen should also supprort speex, but does not.
The Journal does not recognize speex extensions as audio files, for sorting and searching.
most of all, for 8.2, we should check that none of these failures aredue to lacking some core component that cannot be added via an activity update.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by sj
- Component changed from not assigned to browse-activity
- Owner set to erikos
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by gregorio
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 8.2.1
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by mstone-xmlrpc
- Keywords cjbfor9.1.0 added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.1 to 9.1.0