screen pulses coming out of standby
|Reported by:||skierpage||Owned by:||cjb|
|Component:||power manager (OHM)||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||test in release|
(adapted from e-mail "XO screen pulses after "standby", OOM afterwards" sent to devel list)
Twice with 8.2-759 my G1G1 machine has had the screen flash on and off coming out of a "standby" (screen off) state. The second time seemed a memory pressure state that didn't ease until I rebooted.
The pulsings happened after I left my XO disconnected from power and it went dead, so much so that I had to do a http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Full_Reset. But the laptop was running fine before the screen went off. Both times:
- Screen is off, but IIRC the green power light is on.
- I press the power on button, nothing happens. So press it some more, also press some random keyboard keys.
- Then the screen flashes on for less than a second, goes blank for about 40 seconds, flashes on, goes blank for 40 seconds... The first time the screen flashed at least 10 times before staying on, this time it flashed at least three times.
Both times it feels as if the laptop is so sluggish that it's queued up my power button presses.
The second time the laptop seems extremely slow afterwards. I ran various memory commands as I killed activities, restarted X and sugar, then rebooted, see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Skierpage/out-of-memory
Change History (7)
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by kimquirk
- Keywords relnote added
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 8.2.1
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from never set to test in release
- Keywords relnote removed