Browse/gnash can't run a Flash .swf URL
|Reported by:||skierpage RussNelson||Owned by:||erikos|
|Keywords:||relnote polish:8.2.0 cjbfor9.1.0||Cc:||gregorio|
|Blocked By:||Blocking:||#7382, #7421|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
In Browse 96 on 8.2-760:
You should be able to load a .swf URl "standalone" in the browser. Here's a simple, tiny one (from the Flash about page ):
If you load this URL in Browse, you see the initial Flash Click to play?[X] control UI, so I assume Browse correctly loads the gnash plug-in to handle the swf mime type. But if you click to play, the windows blanks and nothing appears. I didn't see any errors in the WebActivity log.
Since rendering a swf and the surrounding Web page consumes more memory, and since swfs on their own usually resize nicely to screen, being able to run a "naked" .swf URL would be nice.
I don't know if this is a problem in gnash, libxulrunner, or Browse.
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by gregorio
- Cc gregorio added
- Keywords relnote blocks:8.2.0 added
- Milestone changed from Not Triaged to 8.2.0 (was Update.2)
- Priority changed from normal to high
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by gregorio
- Keywords blocks:8.2.0 removed
- Milestone changed from 8.2.0 (was Update.2) to 8.2.1
comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by mstone-xmlrpc
- Keywords cjbfor9.1.0 added
- Milestone changed from 8.2.1 to 9.1.0