Bug in WPA key dialog prevents certain passwords from being accepted
|Reported by:||Eben||Owned by:||cscott|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||8.2.0 (was Update.2)|
|Keywords:||8.2.0:? blocks-:8.2.0 r+ polish:8.2.0 8.2-764:?||Cc:||mstone, marco, erikos, holt|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||test in release|
I've been trying to connect to my access point with 763, but when I press enter (or click the OK button) nothing happens. Looking at the logs, I see two strange things. It reports:
(s, 0) = commands.getstatusoutput(command) if s != 0: raise RuntimeError("Error hashing passphrase: %s" % o) global RuntimeError = undefined o = ''
So, first of all I have no idea why RuntimeError is undefined. That aside, the real problem is that the passphrase string passed to /usr/bin/wpa_passphrase isn't properly escaped or quoted (my passphrase includes a single quote), which is causing it to crap out and return nothing.
I tried running the script directly with my passphrase properly quoted and/or escaped and it ran fine.
It seems this is easy to fix, but a big win to fix for G1G1.
Change History (17)
Changed 7 years ago by cscott
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from code to review
- Cc mstone added; m_stone removed
- Keywords r? added
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by mstone
- Keywords blocks-:8.2.0 polish:8.2.0 added; blocks?:8.2.0 removed
comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by marco
- Action Needed changed from package to test in build
- Keywords 8.2-764:? added
comment:13 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from test in build to approve for release
comment:14 Changed 7 years ago by mstone
- Action Needed changed from approve for release to add to release
comment:15 Changed 7 years ago by cscott
- Action Needed changed from add to release to test in release