Webcam only shows static in Adobe Flash 10
|Reported by:||object404||Owned by:||Quozl|
|Keywords:||webcam adobe flash static problem||Cc:|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||diagnose|
The webcam isn't supported properly in Adobe Flash 9 - users will only get a black box.
The webcam on Linux is supposed to be supported in the latest Flash 10 release candidate and a lot of general Linux users have reported the cam to work with linux.
Testing with the Adobe Flash 10.0.12.0 release candidate plugin on both the Browse activity and Opera 9.52 on 2 XO-1s (one with Build 656, the other on Update.1 711) using any Flash app that uses the webcam, both XOs showed red & green static in lieu of webcam images.
Something is being detected though, if you wave your hand in front of the webcam, the static shifts and reacts. Some kind of synchronization issue?
It's very important to fix this as there's quite a lot of potential to use the webcam for Flash on the XO
Change History (10)
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by wad
- Component changed from hardware to gnash-plugin
- Owner changed from wad to rsavoye
comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 8 Changed 7 years ago by Quozl
- Component changed from gnash-plugin to kernel
- Milestone changed from 9.1.0-cancelled to Opportunity
- Owner changed from rsavoye to Quozl
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Version changed from Update.1 to not specified